Focus On Your Children, Not Your Finances
Between buying new shoes and school clothes and paying for after-school activities, you may look at your wallet and wonder where your paycheck went. Our attorneys understand that the fewer bills you worry about, the more time you get to spend enjoying your children.
Dinnebier & Demmerle has served Orange County and the surrounding area for over 25 years. With the assistance of our certified family law specialists, we guide parents to fair and enforceable child support agreements. We make a difference in your bank account so that you can make a difference in your child’s life.
What Factors Influence Child Support?
California law views child support as a means to provide for a child, no matter which parent they reside with. While parents with primary custody often receive child support, this is not a hard and fast rule. Instead, the courts try to create consistency for the child.
When determining support, the courts consider:
- The number of children in the home and each child’s age
- The child’s educational needs and extracurricular activities
- The child’s medical considerations, including any accommodations for special needs children
- Each parent’s income and wealth, including any savings, pensions and investments
- Any change to the parents’ circumstances, such as remarriage
Child support should be both fair and customized to each family. Our award-winning attorneys work to achieve a support order that achieves both of these goals.